The possibilities of producing ultra-fine finished medical components such as knee joints is demonstrated using a Hermle 5-Axis CNC machining center and an ALu-Cut ball nose carbide end mill. A 10.0 mm standard design end mill is shown.
The Alu-Cut series includes tools made from solid carbide and particularly developed for the process-reliable volume machining of wrought aluminum alloys with up to 5% silicon content. Materials with higher silicon content should preferably be machined with coated tools such as CRN which is standard with Alu-Cut.
- Variable flute spacing for vibration dampening
- Available with WR roughing profile for higher metal removal rates
- Specialized flute geometry for machining aluminum
- Alu-Cut bright finished carbide end mills have a polished finished that helpd reduce chip welding
- Tool shanks are held to h5 tolerance and have a roughened surface (non-polished) for greater gripping force
- Chip breaker designs help reduce cutting force and reduce heat generation