This video provides a cycle time comparison between the indexable Gigant-IC, 3-teeth modular system verses a 5-teeth design. The thread is a 2"-4-1/2 UNC thread. Both styles of the Gigant-IC are successful in this application but the cycle time savings is significant with the 5-teeth design.
GIGANT-IC / Indexable
Bodies & Inserts
This unique indexable insert thread mill solution provides 4x longer tool life and unsurpassed thread finish quality – the industry's most versatile system for larger threads 1" (M24) and above. Emuge Gigant-ic is based on lean manufacturing principles and facilitates quick set-ups and rapid changeovers for a wide range of threading applications.
Circular thread milling bodies
- For the production of large internal and external threads
- Only 2 inserts are required for multiple thread diameters and pitches – UN, UNC, UNF, UNEF, UNJF, UNS, M, MF, MJ, NPT, NPSM, API
- With up to ten / 4-tooth indexable inserts (independent of pitch)
- Tool for different thread sizes and pitches
- A ready prepared thread hole is necessary, including chamfer if needed
- Holder #10 - Cutter Diameter = 0.807" - Min thread size = 1" / M24
- Holder #11 - Cutter Diameter = 0.94" to 1.293" - Min thread size = 1 1/8" / M30 to 1 1/2" / M40
- Holder #12 - Cutter Diameter = 1.293" to 1.585" - Min thread size = 1 1/2" / M40 to 2" / M48
- Holder #13 - Cutter Diameter = 1.585" - Min thread size = 2" / M48
- Holder #14 - Cutter Diameter = 2.069" - Min thread size = 2 1/2" / M64
- Holder #15 - Cutter Diameter = 3.622" - Min thread size = 4 1/2" / M115