The CNC Tool & Cutter Grinder is responsible for performing precision grinding of carbide cutting tools. Make or modify cutting tools from blue prints or written instruction.
NUMROTO BASED CNC CUTTER GRINDERS PREFERED.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up and operate all departmental grinding equipment, to recondition standard tooling and/or make/modify special tools
- Set up and operate grinding machines to grind standard and special carbide tools
- Inspect and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications
- Perform basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts
- Dress grinding wheels, according to specifications
- Monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary; stop machines when problems occur.
- Program CNC Grinders
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors, problems or defects
Qualifications and Skills
- Reading blue prints
- Use of inspection equipment (precise measuring tools)
- Follow written and verbal instruction
- Able to communicate and cooperate with supervisors and peers
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Some college or trade school preferred
- 2-4 years of experience programming and operating CNC tool and cutter grinding machines, required