- Interpret detailed blueprints, work orders, engineering specifications, and routing sheets to determine production standards and tolerance limits
- Utilize various pieces of cutting tool specific inspection equipment to analyze quality of cutting tool production processes such as, grinding, edge preparation and coating
- Route product for re-work
- Complete all required records and paperwork to include inspection reports, damage reports, return reports, and re-work orders
- Ensure finished product is packaged and loaded correctly to minimize possible damage during transportation
- Analyze inspection results and assist in addressing and resolving production problems causing deviations from existing standards
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards or instructions to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability
- High school diploma or GED and two years of related manufacturing experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents such as blueprints, routings, work orders, engineering specifications and safety regulations. Ability to write routine reports and documentation. Ability to effectively present information to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. SAP experience is a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as dimensions, tolerances, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Requires the ability to operate various tools and equipment to include micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, Vision Based inspection equipment (manual and CNC) and various other precision measuring devices. CMM or CNC pre setters are a plus. A good knowledge of cutting tool geometry, production and application is preferred.