EMUGE INTRODUCES SLIM LINE CHUCKS FOR 5-AXIS MILLING VERSATILITY
WEST BOYLSTON, MA U.S.A. (October 28, 2019) – Emuge Corp., a leading manufacturer of high performance taps, thread mills, drills, end mills and other rotary tools, has expanded its line of FPC Milling/ Drilling Chucks products to include Slim Line models that are designed to enhance 5-Axis machining productivity and versatility. Available in the 1/8" to 9/16" (2 mm - 14 mm) size range (FPC14), the compact, slim design with tapered shape enables easier access to the work, especially in confined areas and for challenging angles. Click here for more information.
“As workpiece complexity grows and 5-Axis machining prevalence increases, innovative solutions in tool holding such as our new FPC Slim Line Chucks, help maximize machining productivity while reducing cycle times, downtime and allowing for improved holder clearance conditions,” said Mr. Dan Doiron, Manager, Milling Products.
Emuge high precision/ performance FPC Mill/ Drill Chucks provide unprecedented rigidity, vibration dampening, concentricity, machining speed, and tool life versus conventional chuck technologies for milling and drilling applications.
Featuring the world's only chuck with a 1:16 worm gear, the Emuge FPC Chuck's patented design delivers three tons of traction force. The unique design and body provide 100% holding power for maximum rigidity, and the collet-cone assembly absorbs virtually all vibration for maximum dampening.
Unique features and advantages include:
- Extremely high transferable torque that provides maximum process reliability. Transferred torque on a tool shank diameter of 20 mm is 400 Nm.
- Increased accuracy with a 3 X D tool length. Concentricity is ≤ 3 µm to guarantee long tool life and quality workpiece surface finishes.
- Chuck is mechanical drive-actuated with a hex wrench; a simple design that enables quick tool changes in seconds.
- Special holder design reduces vibration, dramatically improves workpiece surface finishes and provides exceptionally long tool life.
- For maximum safety, the strongest clamping force is provided to prevent the possibility of pull-out.
FPC Chucks are the fastest on the market today. In a speed comparison with four chuck technologies, using a 20 mm end mill in the same material, the Emuge FPC Chuck enabled the feed rate to be increased by 30% with no loss in performance.
Emuge FPC Chucks are available in five shank styles (CAT, HSK-A, SK, BT and PSC) in 68 different skus for a wide range of applications. A full range of high precision collets and accessories are also available for the FPC line. Emuge FPC Collets are available in three size ranges (FPC 14, FPC 20 and FPC 25) in over 110 different skus, from 1/8" to 1-1/4" and in metric from 2 mm - 32 mm. For more information visit: http://www.emuge.com/holders/FPC-Chucks.