Emuge Launches Line of High-Performance Solid Carbide End Mills
WEST BOYLSTON, MA U.S.A. (December 4, 2015) – Emuge Corp. (www.emuge.com) today announced the introduction of an extensive line of high-performance solid carbide end mills for applications ranging from universal milling to aerospace and high hardness machining. This new line further broadens the depth of Emuge’s rotary cutting tool portfolio in the United States and Canadian metalworking manufacturing marketplace.
The end mills, branded Emuge-Franken, are the result of extensive research and development and incorporate the latest in end mill technology, geometry and coatings and are designed to outperform conventional end mill offerings. Emuge-Franken end mills are manufactured in Germany. Franken, as part of the Emuge-Franken company, has been developing and manufacturing milling tools since Emuge’s foundation nearly 100 years ago.
“Emuge is well known for its high quality/performance taps and thread mills, but many people are not aware that Emuge has also been manufacturing high-performance end mills since the company was founded,” said Mr. Bob Hellinger, President of Emuge Corp. “We have decided to aggressively launch a comprehensive line of high-performance mills to broaden our North American tool portfolio and meet customers’ increased demands for high-performance tools in today’s demanding applications.”
In addition to the end mills introduction, beginning in the first quarter of 2016, Emuge will be offering complete grinding/reconditioning services for end mill products as well as other cutting tools, at their West Boylston, MA, USA facility.
The new Emuge US/Canadian solid carbide end mill launch includes the following tool lines:
- Top-CutTM VAR, a versatile, variable helix solid carbide inch end mill program featuring unique geometry and advanced ALCR PVD coating, for universal milling applications in virtually all materials.
- Top-CutTM, metric end mills for universal milling applications with variable helix flutes and TiALN PVD coating, ideal for both roughing and finishing operations.
- Multi-CutTM, carbide roughing end mills designed with a unique serrated cutting-edge chip-breaker technology for optimum chip evacuation and can achieve metal removal rates 5-10 times that of conventional end mills, in a full range of materials.
- TiNOX-CutTM, a coolant-fed roughing end mill for demanding applications such as in exotic materials and Aerospace machining. Tools feature variable flute spacing and a serrated chip-breaker profile for aggressive material removal and a high heat-resistant multi-layer TiN/TiALN coating.
- Hard-CutTM end mills, specially developed for the machining of hardened materials up to 66 HRC.
Approximately 400 standard end mill SKU’s will be stocked in Emuge’s West Boylston facility in a full range of sizes, inch and metric. A 36-page catalog covering the high-performance line is available by request and also posted online at http://www.emuge.co/sites/default/files/2015-EMUGE-FULL-LINE-END_MILLS%20FINAL-med.pdf.
Emuge Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the 1,600+ employee German company EMUGE-Werk Richard Glimpel GmbH & Co. KG (Lauf, Germany) that has been the product technology and performance leader in their field for nearly 100 years. The company manufactures an extensive line of taps, thread mills, end mills, drills, toolholders, clamping devices and other rotary cutting tools, over 100,000 items sold through distributors worldwide. Emuge also offers end-user technical support through a network of in-the-field engineers and in-house product specialists, all with extensive tooling and application experience.
Over 10,000 types of cutting tools and accessories are stocked in the company’s U.S. and Canadian Headquarters located in West Boylston, MA, U.S.A. The 21,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility also serves as a technology center with a machining and tooling demonstration showroom and classroom. For more information on Emuge products, contact Emuge at 1800 Century Drive, West Boylston, MA 01583-2121, Tel. 800-323-3013, internet: www.emuge.com.