The Steel designation for spiral flute (Enorm style) or straight flute (Rekord style) taps indicates tools that are designed especially for steel materials but they can also be applies successfully in other long chip forming materials. Steel taps are offered with various design options and surface coatings for optimized performance and tool life.
- Enorm - Typical tool for blind hole threads in long-chipping materials. The fast spiral flutes provide good chip removal from the blind hole.
- Rekord A - Especially for short-chipping material. The flutes can hold only a part of the chips. There is practically no chip transport in an axial direction. We do not recommend using this tap type in deep blind hole or through hole threads in long-chipping material.
- Rekord B - Typical tool for through hole threads in long-chipping material. The spiral point pushes the tightly rolled chips ahead and prevents clogging of the flutes. Coolant-lubricant can flow freely.
- Rekord D - Recommended for automatic lathes and multi-spindle machines. The slow spiral flutes is especially helpful in thread holes beginning with an increased diameter (counterbore or enlarged bore).
- Oversize thread options of 6G and 7G standards
- Available with an "X" tapered trailing thread grind
- Various PVD applied surface coatings for additional tool life